Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Today I want to write about Laura Franz's new book called The Mistress of Tall Acres.
Laura Franz is a very talented author who has made this wonderful story come alive.
When I started this book I had no idea what to expect. I was hooked at the very beginning, lost in time. Wow! I even felt like I made new friends as I read this story.
What surprised me was there was a little girl who's name was Lilly Cate. My husband had an Aunt Ned Lilly Cate.
I often wonder if Lilly Cate grew up much like this little girl in the story did. Different years of course.
I'm  wondering if this is a rare name?
I was delighted when Seamus and Sophie got married. Even though it was a marriage of convenience.
I think back in the old days a lot of people got married just for that reason.
Laura also made us realize that prayer was important. Families doesn't don't this  anymore.
She also puts in the book that God is in control at all times. For without Him, we are nothing.
This family prayed all the time whether it was meals or hard times or just simply giving Thanks to God no matter what their circumstances were.
I was surprised to find Anne very much alive when she was supposed to be dead!
When She came back she made things very hard for Seamus and Sophie.  Claiming she was the rightful mistress of Tall Acre. She might have been at one time but not anymore.  I feel like she declined that right when she was pretending to be dead.
When they go to court over this I was so happy that Seamus won the battle because of Annes diary.
I was even happier for Sophie when she got to go back home to her rightful place which was beside Seamus.
I was even happier when they a wonderful surprise at the end. Something Lilly Cate has been asking for since they got married.
This is a must read. I love Laura's style of writing.
I say this is a must read because I feel I felt Sophie's emotions concerning Seamus and Lilly Cate.
Thank you Laura Franz for writing another wonderful tale. I actually felt like I was there.


2 comments:

  1. Lori! What a gorgeous review! I especially like the way you brought up how you felt about certain aspects of the story and the characters. Love that we both have Lilys in our lives! You are a gem of a reader/reading friend and I treasure that you took time for Tall Acre. You inspire me to keep writing. Thanks so much for being on my team. You really have a beautiful blog/site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Laura Franz! I'm so glad you didn't have any trouble getting into my site!
    I'm very happy you like my review

    ReplyDelete

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...