Sunday, November 15, 2015

Rising Darkness by Nancy Mehl

Wow!!!!! What a read!!! I read it until I couldn't put it down! I was even
satisfied with myself after I read it. It brought a wonderful feeling to know that our Lord Jesus never leaves us or forsakes us even in our times of trouble.  Jesus gave himself out of love for us so that our sins would be paid for. 
It took Sophie some time to learn this and that not everyone is bad, hurtful,  and whatever else the case may be. I'm so happy for Sophie that she made friends without meaning too. It is a small world after all! How weird it was to meet someone she one knew in another small town! 
God works in small wonders. I have always heard that he doesn't put more on our shoulders than we can handle.  Sometimes even I wonder about this.
Sophie asks in the story where was God when she needed Him? He was there always He was just carrying her. Reminds me of Footprints in the Sand. My favorite poem!!!! 
Too bad the bad guys didn't really see God's love for them also. They were too busy trying to get at the money that was lost years ago.  It seems even you can't trust your partner in crime.  How unfortunate!!!
I really enjoyed the book Nancy.  I felt like I was kept on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. I love stories like this. It makes it for an interning read. Unfortunately,  Nancy kept me guessing at who really did what. I can usually figure it out before I finish the mystery book and this time I couldn't! !!! Great job Nancy! !! It's the reason I love reading your books! !

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...