Friday, January 1, 2021

My favorite top 10 reads for 2020 by Lori Parrish


1.


I loved this book because of how nicely it ties past with present and the author didn't miss a beat while writing it. In this story I learned many things. But, I think the thing that I most didn't like was the hatred that was portrayed in this book. But other than that, it was a finely written book. 
I highly recommend. 

2.




Settle in with a Laura Frantz book and lose yourself in the 1600's. I loved this story! And of course anything by Laura Frantz is awesome! I couldn't wait to get this book. I sure wasn't disappointed. I'm never disappointed with Laura. 

3.


When Health Is Corrupted by Wealth

This awesome series! One I thoroughly enjoyed from the beginning. I loved this particular book because I've never heard of some of the things that went on in this book. A.D. Lawrence has done an amazing job in bringing the characters from the past to life so that we may learn how certain things started. Such an awesome story! I didn't think that this real life character didn't get what she really deserved. So not fair! 

4.


Wow! This book y'all! I laughed until I cried in this book! There was a whole bunch of favorite scenes in this book! Jen is just an awesome master storyteller that adds just the right amount of humor in her stories. This one is a must read! I so enjoyed this one! I didn't want it to end. Now I might have to wait a whole year for another one by this author. But it's so worth the wait! 

5.


You can't go wrong with a Michelle Griep novel. 
I enjoyed this journey with Kit and Jackson as the navigated parts of London that I have never heard of.
I learned some things from this novel that I've never heard of. It's why I love stories like these. They stretch the imagination and takes you on an amazing adventure of a lifetime. 
Highly Recommend! 

6.


Such a beautiful and cool story! I couldn't put it down. I'm going to leave you with a quote from this book that I really liked. 
" God doesn't let us get away with anything. He just leaves us to make our own beds and lay in them whether we like it or not." In other words God is letting us make our own choices whether bad or good. You know what? My mom used to say this all the time and it's 100% true! 
Highly recommend!

7.


A new to me author that I really enjoyed! She certainly made the characters come to life for me and I felt like I was on the journey along with the people in the book. ( Because I actually did take the journey in 2005). But I liked looking through their eyes, minds, and experienced it as they did. 
Highly recommend.

8.


A must read for 2021. I couldn't put this book down. I honestly felt that this author was writing my story! I can relate to Ivy in so so many ways! An amazing journey of Faith, Love, and Redemption that will pull you in from the beginning and tug at your heartstrings until the end!

9.


I have been a forever fan of Beverly Lewis. I love her writing style and her Amish stories are actually realistic. They tell of the struggles they go through and I especially love that their feelings come through the pages to me. I just simply love her books! They leave me feeling full and satified.
A must read!

10.


Lynn Austin is wonderful! 
I loved this story. I think that what i loved about this book was the what if that was portrayed. How would it feel to be someone else? I've often wondered what it would be like. I got to experience it through Emily.
Even though in my opinion it was actually the wrong thing to do.  So good!


























2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! Very nice list! The Edge of Belonging made my Top Ten list too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great variety! I am getting ready to open up The Tidewater Bride in just a few!

    ReplyDelete

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...