Saturday, March 18, 2017

Abiding Mercy by Ruth Reid

34378285



ABOUT THE BOOK

Sixteen-year-old Faith has worked full time in her parents’ Amish restaurant since she finished eighth grade. She loves her Amish community—and the recent romantic attentions of her longtime friend, Gideon. When her sister seems to be getting too friendly with Englischers, and her parents are in a buggy accident, Faith only wants to escape into her dream of joining the church and getting married.

But then a local newspaper runs a story about a child named Adriana who was kidnapped fifteen years earlier, and everything Faith has held true comes into question.

Suddenly the community Faith has known her whole life seems unreal. Can she even trust her own family? And how will she ever find home again if she no longer belongs in the world she knows best?



LORI'S TRAVEL'S

Another great read by Ruth Reid.
A different type of Amish story in my opinion.
There's mystery, love and lessons learned in this book.
Folks I'm going to start off by saying that are Angels in this world. We may not see them but we do know by Faith they're around us. His protects us daily. That being said,
I can go on with my review.
My thoughts and feelings were somewhat mixed emotions because I can relate with Faith in most of the events that happens throughout this story.
I can holiday that I admired her quality and her upbringing. She's a very determined young lady no matter what life throws at her.
I also liked some of the bible verses that the author uses. "Be of strong and have good courage" and a few others.
I think I would have to go with this Amish family through their heartbreak because what happened to them wasn't their fault. It was thrust upon them. God was with them.
Gideon is the most patient person and caring too!!! (Sometimes I'd love for my husband to be just like him)!!!
I think poor Gideon got the raw end of the deal.
All in all, I thought it was a fantastic story. It kept me turning the pages. I had to read some of this in between orders at work lol! It was so good!!!!
I think Abiding Mercy is a story of God's grace given because he loves us.
I strongly recommend this book for people who love reading Amish stories and who love Ruth Reid
A copy of this book was provided by Netgalley with in no way required to review this book
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...