Friday, June 9, 2017

Naomi's Hope by Jan Drexler

32510898

ABOUT THE BOOK

Despite growing pains in her 1846 Amish community in Indiana, Naomi Schrock has settled into a comfortable life in her parents' home with her adopted son, Davey. Surrounded by family and friends, she tries not to think about the fact that she's not at the top of any man's list of potential wives. Yet when Cap Stoltzfus moves into the area and befriends Davey, Naomi finds herself caught between the plans she has made for her future and the tantalizing thought that Cap might be part of a life she never dared to hope for. 
When a couple shows up claiming to be Davey's true family, Naomi and Cap must unite to make the decision that will determine the boy's future as well as their own. How can she relinquish him to these unknown relatives? And can God somehow bring wholeness to her 


TODAY WE TRAVEL TO 1860'S INDIANA AMISH COMMUNITY

I loved this book for many reasons. I liked how the author has made the characters doubt themselves in their Faith as we do sometimes today. 
I loved the character Davey. I can relate to him in many ways because I am adopted too. I'm very thankful for the parents that raised me. 
You can be a parent but it takes a special person to raise someone else's child. I  call those ppl angels. God cannot be everywhere so He created earthly parents to help Him out.
Davey is a pretty cool dude in my opinion. A child after my own heart.
Naomi is pretty special too to raise Davey by herself. Oh, she has help but sometimes I wonder if she'll ever see what's right in front of her face? 
I can relate to Naomi at times. Sometimes it's hard to see what blessings we have when we think we've taken a step forward, when actually we've taken two steps back!! I hate someone else telling me how to raise my own child when at times they think they have our best interests in their hearts. Most often I find this to be people without children. 
It's how Naomi feels in the story. 
Naomi is sensitive like me. Sometimes someone can tell me something and I'll take it the wrong way or get mad over something silly.
Jan writes with her heart on this conclusion of Hannah's Choice series. I loved all the books in the series!! 
I first met Jan through Hannah's Choice and from then on it was love at first sight on this unusual Amish series.
I enjoyed this series so much that I'll reread it again! 
Will Naomi find the many blessings that is right in front of her? 
Cap is a fine man too!! Can't leave him out. It takes a lot of love and patience connect with the right people. I find Cap special in a way because he doesn't deem himself above other people and never judges others who cross his path unlike Shem.
I didn't like Shem for various reasons but I guess you have to have all kinds of folks to make the world turn!! 
Thank you for a wonderful story Jan!!!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...