Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Memoir of Johnny Devine by Camille Eide



  

Genre: Historical
Publisher: Ashberry Lane Publishing
Publication Date: December 1, 2015
Number of pages: 279
Awards/Honors:  RT Book Reviews (rare) 5 goldstar Top Pick, a Reviewers' Choice Award Nominee (of 5), ​and the December 2015 Seal of Excellence winner, which makes it a Book of the Year Nominee (1 of 12 out of thousands reviewed)

The Memoir of Johnny Devine (RT Book Reviews 4.5 GOLD Star Top Pick): In 1953, desperation forces young war widow Eliza Saunderson to take a job writing the memoir of ex-Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Devine. Rumor has it Johnny can seduce anything in a skirt quicker than he can hail a cab. But now the notorious womanizer claims he’s been born again. Eliza soon finds herself falling for the humble, grace-filled man John has become—a man who shows no sign of returning her feelings. No sign, that is, until she discovers something John never meant for her to see.

When Eliza’s articles on minority oppression land her on McCarthy’s Communist hit list, John and Eliza become entangled in an investigation that threatens both his book and her future. To clear her name, Eliza must solve a family mystery. Plus, she needs to convince John that real love—not the Hollywood illusion—can forgive a sordid past. Just when the hope of love becomes reality, a troubling discovery confirms Eliza’s worst fears. Like the happy façade many Americans cling to, had it all been empty lies? Is there a love she can truly believe in?
Available to purchase on
AMAZON -



Camille Eide writes romantic, inspirational dramas about love, faith, and family. She lives in Oregon with her husband and is a mom, grammy, bass guitarist, and a fan of muscle cars, tender romance, oldies Rock, and Peanut M&Ms.

I really liked this book. This author loves the Lord indefinitely. It. has come through her writing and her characters. 
Johnny Devine is a broken person until he meets Jesus for the first time in his life. 
He learns that Jesus will forgive us our sins and can help us turn our lives around if we truly want it. I believe this man does. Especially after what he puts in his memoir. 
I was astounded by what this man has done in his life. I was pleased that he wanted to use his memoir to lead ppl to God through his book and then just maybe that ppl will follow Jesus. 
Eliza is a young woman who I truly admire. When she set out on this adventure to write Johnny's memoir she had no idea what was in store for her.
Eliza had guts to stand up for what she believed in and that to me is awesome no matter what other ppl think. 
Millie is a sweet old lady who believes in her Lord faithfully and is Johnnys housekeeper. 
She is the one who is responsible for nudging Eliza in the right direction. Eliza starts opening her ❤ to Jesus and eventually let's Him help guide her. 
I love this book because it has helped me to be a stronger believer Christ. I need to let Him guide me instead of me guiding myself.
I think it's very wrong to judge ppl for their skin color or whatever the case may be. God created us all equal to be like in His image. 
I loved Millie from the start. I'm like her in many ways. I too am ready to go home to be with my Jesus. 
All we need to do is ask Him.
I received this book through the SBL tours for an honest opinion on this book. 
Again I loved it!!



1 comment:

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...