Sunday, January 5, 2020

My continuation of my 2019 favorite reads by Lori Parrish



I felt like I left some authors out in 2019 so here's a few more that I love. I hope that this helps. I know I've had a few that said so and if you'd be so kind please post the comments on my blog. It really would help me out. 
I was going to do just 20 but it was so hard to pick and choose. I know one isn't Christian fiction but I still loved it. 
I think the last time I left off it was at 10.
So without further ado here is


11. THE EXPRESS BRIDE BY KIMBERLEY WOODHOUSE
                                  HISTORICAL FICTION

45022285. sy475


I really enjoyed this book by Kimberley. She's one of  my to go author for historical fiction.
I loved the reading about the pony express. Not much is written about this subject.
 I especially loved it that Woodhouse used a female for a conductor at one of the express stations. Her story is interesting indeed! Mixed with a little bit of romance, mystery and action adventure this is the way to go! 
This is one of my favorites in this series. 


12. ON A SUMMER TIDE BY SUZANNE WOODS FISHER
                                CONTEMPORARY FICTION

43888377. sy475


This author's stories always delight me and Fisher delievers another wonderful story as always. 
While she's more noted for her Amish stories I really enjoyed this one. 
Yes, this one is different but it's also very enjoyable. She's transitioned well into this one and I'm hoping that she'll continue this series. 
Cam and her sisters along with their dad adventure to a remote island in hopes of reuniting and getting along better. This also includes a might weird cat lollol!! 
I highly recommend it. 

13. Roseann's Gift by Susan Lantz Simpson
                          AMISH FICTION

45006276


I applaud this young woman whole heartedly! I just loved Rosanna. She knows what it takes to step up and be a care giver. Rosanna does indeed have a gift. Not everyone can do what she did. 
I finished this book in one evening. Of course I lost some sleep but to me, it was worth it. 
If you love Amish stories then you'll love this one. I highly recommend.

14. PROMISE FOR TOMORROW BY MICHELLE DE BRUIN   
                    HISTORICAL FICTION

48894067. sy475


I loved this one because it's where Logan prays and seeks answers before he does anything rash. I love how he includes the whole family including Karen. I loved Karen immediately! I hated that she had to stand her ground with certain people but sometimes that is what you have to do to keep them from running on top of you. 
I consider this one a second chance book. It offers hope, love and a second chance of course. These types are my favorite. 

15.  THE AMISH WEDDING PROMISE BY LAURA V. HILTON

                            AMISH FICTION

45032250


I try to never miss any of this lady's books. She's an amazing author that can draw you into her books immediately! 
I loved this one because Gracie is just a beautiful person. I love how she waited and made the right decision. 
The message in this book has one of my favorite Bible stories in it. It talks about how Jesus calms the storm and it can be used as example for us too when our storms get heavy in life.
The Amish are a fascinating. I love their way of life. Of course, it's not all fun and games either. 
I highly recommend this one for sure! 


16. THE END OF THE MAGI BY PATRICK W. CARR.    
                       CHRISTIAN FICTION

 43838077


Do you ever wonder where the Wisemen in the Christmas story come from? I know I have often wondered. This story will tell you.
This is not your typical Christmas story but you'll love it regardless. 
My favorite character is Myrad. He is a person after my own heart. I can relate to him because my son had his problem, only thank goodness it wasn't as severe. 
This story has made me look at the Christmas story differently now. But in a good way. I now know where the Wisemen came from and a few other things too. 
Highly recommended.

17. COOKING FOR GHOSTS BY PATRICIA V. DAVIS. 
                                 FICTION


 29901992. sy475

I Really enjoyed this book! While it's not Christian fiction it's still a delightful read and will enable you to still go aboard the Queen Mary. 
The reason I really loved this book is because I liked how Davis has given the ship her own voice. Her fears, concerns, and how she enjoyed her passengers down through the years. 
As I was reading, I felt that I was actually on board the Queen. She's also a movie star too! 
I also felt that Davis has touched on some sensitive subjects quite well. 
I wanted to try something out of my league and I must say I wasn't disappointed at all! 
I highly recommend!


18. CALL TO LOVE BY MARY A. FELKINS
CONTEMPORARY FICTION


Call to Love


If you want to read a heartwarming, fresh, wonderful Godly book then this one is for you. 
The author is a new to me author which I thoroughly enjoyed. 
She has wonderful messages throughout this book that is about forgiveness, 2nd chances at love of course and quite the adventure as well. 
I love Tom and Tracy. They have an awesome story to tell that you just have to read! 
I highly recommend! 

19. SERVING UP LOVE A HARVEY HOUSE BRIDES COLLECTION. 
HISTORICAL FICTION


Serving Up Love: A Harvey House Brides Collection



I particularly enjoyed this one because it is about the Harvey House Girls back when restaurants started to be a popular stop along the railroad. 
I enjoyed this one since all of my favorite authors are here in one book. 
This has 4 wonderful stories each with something to offer everyone. You can read one a day or you can read them all in one day. I chose to read one a day. This way I could savor each story. 
I truly enjoyed this one.  I highly recommend. 


20. THE ROLL OF THE DRUMS BY JAN DREXLER.
AMISH FICTION

43984601



This author is another favorite of mine. Her writing is tremendous! 
I love how she puts her characters through life's trials and tribulations and they certainly come out on top. Even in tough times the Amish still open their friendship and homes to help others in need. Even if it's one of their own. 
I know it isn't easy to lay one's burdens at God's feet. I'm guilty as charged for that one myself. I dislike having to ask for help. But that is what God gave His Son for. I"m so glad that He did! Aren't you?
I try not to miss any of her books and I feel blessed that God gave me the love of reading. 
I highly recommend this one for sure! 


21. NEW LIGHT BY ROSE FRESQUEZ
Contemporary fiction


48906404. sy475


Another new to me author that I have enjoyed over 2019 was Fresquez. I have loved in getting to know her through her writings and I feel that she's a wonderful person. 
This is a novella type of read and a quick one. The only fault that I had with it was I wanted more!! More please! 
A difficult subject that I thought Fresquez has captured quite well. 
Everyone deserves a second chance don't you think? I sure think so.
Well written and a great plot this one will have you cheering on Tobin Mills and Eimy Castillo as they try and get through life the best they know how. 
I highly recommend! 

22. BROKEN STRINGS BY ERIC WALTERS AND KATHY KACER. 
MIDDLE GRADE

43330905


This will leave you in tears and the upside it will also leave you in snickers too so I suggest a box of tissues at your side. 
Unbeknownst to Shirli who really wanted the main roll in Fiddler on the Roof her past was mixed in with this play that her school was performing. 
I loved this book because first of all, there's a violin involved. I love any story that involves a string instrument. I play the viola and my son plays violin. 
Secrets will always come out no matter how hard you try to bury it deep inside you.  Zayde has a fierce one that he wished to keep buried but in the end it ate at him until he finally gave up the ghost so to speak and told his granddaughter about it. 
I ended up bawling my eyes out on this one. My husband thought there was something wrong so read to him about Zade's secret. He didn't say anything to me after that and let me finish reading the book. I"m not sure what his thoughts were on the matter. Maybe I should have asked. 
I really highly recommend this one. 


23.WESTERING WOMEN BY SANDRA DALLAS
WOMEN'S FICTION


45046820


 For some reason this particular title captured my attention so I gave it a try. I absolutely loved it! Sandra is an amazing writer! I've read one of hers before called the Frozen Trail. So wonderful!

"If you are an adventuresome young woman of high moral character and fine health, are you willing to travel to California in search of a good husband?"

  So begins an adventure of going West to start over or so they hoped.  
These women certainly have grit, determination and strength for this hard trip. Sometimes the weather conditions were tough enough for them. Snow comes early to the mountains.  
I was rooting for Maggie and her women friends to make it to their destination. I even found myself praying for them that they'd make it. 
However; I didn't feel that it was fair for just certain women to make that journey. I felt that every man, woman and child should get to go. I am glad that the good Reverend saw fit to see a few women that wanted to go he let them. After all, isn't going West supposed to be a chance to start over? 
I highly recommend and one that I want to add to my shelves as well. 

24. ONE MORE RIVER TO CROSS BY JANE KIRKPATRICK. 
CHRISTIAN FICTION


 43838309


This is an author who does her research well before she embarks us on another journey. This time it's going West to California. 
This story takes place two years before the Donner Party.
I think what I enjoyed about this story was how the pioneers survived harsh conditions, faced starving to death and their determination to push on regardless. 
I have crossed the Sierra Navadas but we went in the summer plus going by car is much easier lollol. We went the same route that the Murphy Party did. The countryside was beautiful! I wonder what it was like through the eyes of the Murphy party seeing it for the first time?
This is my favorite by Jane Kirkpatrick so far. I hope she'll write about the Donner Party. But, anything she writes is good. 


25. LAKE SEASON BY DENISE HUNTER
                CONTEMPORARY FICTION


44441971



Denise Hunter has quickly earned a soft spot in my heart for her novels. This one being no exception. 
This is a start of a brand new series one that I'm going to love. 
This novel had me relaxing and believing that I"m at the lake with Molly and Adam. 
I felt that Bluebell Inn has become my home and Molly and Adam have become my family. I enjoyed this book and didn't want to come back to the present. 
I highly recommend! 

Please leave any comments on my blog and if you wish you may also follow me. It would be much appreciated! 






3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your list. I have read some of these and look forward to reading more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honored to have connected with you here, Lori, and for you to have been one of the very first to lay eyes on my debut, Call to Love. The time you invest to read and review authors is a priceless gift. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...