Sunday, December 29, 2019

My list of books for 2019 by Lori Parrish

Hi! I was going to add at east 20 of my favorite reads of 2019 but I finally narrowed it down so here it is. I hope that it helps out your list somewhat. I have hundreds more I could add but I won't. There will be other out there to help you out too. I know it has me! I've already added some for my 2020 list.
It was a challenge but I reached my goal of 200+ books. I'm all petered out now. I don't think I'll be able to add to my list this year but I sure can next!
Happy New Year to all my friends and family!!

1. Echoes Among the Stones by Jaime Jo Wright


Echoes Among the Stones



My most favorite book of 2019!! I loved this one because of the family history and the unusual twists and turns that Jaime has woven in. This book has some amazing messages throughout the text. I deem this one her best yet!


2. The Bridge to Belle Island by Julie Klassen

43887304



I loved this one too. This is my 2nd favorite and Julie's best book at least in my opinion. This one kept my attention all the way through. I loved the mystery that was written in and I loved all the characters in the book. 
Isabelle is my favorite. She really surprised me in the end. I applaud her. For see, if you really want something then you must go after it. She certainly impressed me.
Benjamin Booker is a sweetheart of a man. Yes, we all make mistakes but we can and must learn from them. Not all women are bad.  I love how Ben found this out on his own well not really on his own. He had help from God. I'm certain of it. 

3. The Tea Chest by Heidi Chiavaroli 

46343619



I really burnt some midnight oil and had a book hangover with this one. Heidi has certainly done a wonderful job with this time slip novel but then again, she always does. 
Can two women find forgiveness, courage, and love through time?
I think they can. I hope that you will pick up a  copy of this book and read it for it is worth it. 
The cover is certainly gorgeous!

4. An Uncommon Woman By Laura Frantz

46125021



Laura Frantz is definitely at her best with this book! I love anything by her and she certainly didn't disappoint with this one! Her stories are just one adventure after another and she's definitely one I try never to miss at all! She'll have you finishing this book in a couple of afternoons depending on how fast you read.  I couldn't put it down until I was finished. I had to see what happened with Tessa, Clay, Keturah, and the rest of the crew. I wasn't disappointed. In fact I sure didn't want to come back to the present. I hated saying goodbye to Laura's characters.   

5. Collateral Damage by Lynette Eason

46125030



Fans of this author will want to pick up Lynette's latest copy of Collateral Damage because it's fast paced with lots of twists and turns that will keep you turning to see what happens Brooke Adams and Asher James. 
This book will for sure having you looking over your shoulders and make your heart go overtime with this exciting new read! 
I'm a forever fan of Lynette Eason now. She's that good!! Awesome read!! 

6The Blizzard Bride by Susanne Dietze 

46295161


Here's another book that I truly enjoyed and recommend for anyone who loves this series or who just wants to pick up a good read. I highly recommend this one because in my opinion, this one is my favorite of this series. I've been keeping up with this series since the Mayflower. 
Imagine yourself caught in a blizzard along with some schoolchildren. Would you have done what this schoolteacher did or would you try and stay at the schoolhouse? I don't know about ya'll I'd try to find somewhere safe. 
This book will have you turn the pages to see what happens to everyone and this author can and will make you hold your breath to see what happens next!!  Just wow!! I highly recommend!! 

7. Stitches in Time by Suzanne Woods Fisher

43984597



Wait until you see what happens to our favorite character Luke Shrock in this wonderful tale!! It just goes to show ya that miracles can happen!! 
This is another author who is a favorite of mine! I also try not to miss any of hers as well!! Her Amish books are out of this world!! I definitely highly recommend!  

8. The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson

 44441993


I highly recommend this  fun little book. I just finished this one last night and I immediately loved this author! What do you do when life throws some unexpected turns your way? 
You just do the best you know how of course and try to get through it. I loved this one because it was cute funny and you will snicker at some scenes in the book. Of course you'll guess who immediately steals the show. 
I enjoyed this Rom-Com so much that I couldn't put it down. I just had to see what would happen if Jett and Cassie finally found out the truth about each other. I wasn't disappointed. What I was disappointed about was why lie to each other? But then, there wouldn't be a story now would there? I highly recommend this book. It will be sure to tickle you in ways you won't expect.


9. The Gray Chamber by Grace Hitchcock


43363467


I'm enjoying this particular book because of our accentric women in history. Whether we want to admit it, they are part of our history too. I hated that women were used as pawns. Edyth didn't deserve what she got. But, in my opinion she came out stronger on top.  This story reminds me of Cinderella and Twilight Zone all at the same time. Cinderella because of the greedy Uncle and Stepmother wanting everything. Twilight Zone because of that happened at the assylum for women. It's sad really. 
But it was a good read and I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot out of it. If you like these two combo's together then this is the book for you. 


10.  ABRAHAM BY JENNIFER BECKSTRAND.


 45043507. sy475


I really enjoyed this one!! The two little boys Benji and Alfie quickly became my favorites in the first book and they still succeeded in this second novel too. I just loved them!! They stole the show of course! What one doesn't think of the other one will. 
I especially love their mother who had secrets of her own! She and the boys will delight Jennifer's fans all over the world when they read this story! It will make you, laugh, cry and shout for joy. I loved also the messages that Jennifer weaves throughout the story. 
She shows us that God has a plan for each and every one of us. We just need to pray and wait on the Lord to see what it is. Of course it it isn't always easy. Who said life was fair? Especially for 2 little boys? 
Ya'll just have to pick up this book and find out? You sure won't be disappointed! 


2 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you so much for including The Blizzard Bride in your list! Love this! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! The Tea Chest also made my top 10 list! I loved Collateral Damage and Echoes Among the Stones too. I am currently reading Mending Fences, so I can’t wait to find out what happens to Luke in Stitches in Time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...