Wednesday, August 28, 2019

my other half of 2019 top ten summer reads

Since the summer is over now I thought I'd go ahead and share some of the rest of my summer reads that I really loved!! So hang on to your hats here goes!!


1. Under Moonlight Skies by Cynthia Roemer

47504416. sy475


I picked this one because I love Cynthia Roemer's works!! I know a good story when I see one and I will recommend it to other people who love to read these kinds of stories. In this one she takes us on an awesome faith filled journey and with rip roaring adventures at every turn! Exactly what I look for in a book!! I finished this in one night. I like to read at night after everyone is asleep lol!! 
Great job Cynthia!! 



2. Recovered Secrets by Jessica R. Patch

43705300


I enjoy this author a lot too!! If you want action packed with twists and turns and yes even faith to fill your soul while reading this then this is definitely the suspense book for you!! Jessica is amazing at what she does and she does it very well.  This is a short read but the plot will make you lose yourself before you know what is happening!! Your family members may have to call you a half a dozen times but hey it's well worth it!! 
Well done Jessica Patch!!


3. New Beginnings at Promise Lodge 

43505560. sy475


Here's definitely a good author that knows how to write awesome Amish Stories!! 
I was eagerly awaiting this one and it sure didn't disappoint!! This is a book that if you believe in love at 2nd chances and adding some humor in the story. 
You'll love these awesome characters and feel the love of the community as they help one of their own.  This is what I love about Amish communities. I strongly recommend this one for sure but then all Amish books that I've read are wonderful!! Be sure to order a copy of this book!! It's oh sooooo good!! 
Charlotte Hubbard you've really wowed me with this sweet book!! 

4. Broken Strings by Eric Walters and Kathy Kacer

43330905


I strongly recommend this book even though it is aimed at the Young Adults but anyone can read it! I did and I enjoyed it immensely!! Be sure to have a box of tissues by you as read this one because you'll be bawling like a baby!! I know I did!! This has the 9/11 and the Holocaust together. You won't want to miss this one! I promise that it will tear your heart out! 
I can't say enough about this book. It seems in times of disaster or other goings on, I think it's great that people come together from all walks of life to help one another. Why can't we do this all the time? The world would be so much better off!! 


5. Lake Season ( Bluebell Inn Romance #1) by Denise Hunter

44441971


Denise Hunter writes the most amazing books!! I was captivated from the moment that I opened this book and loved every minute of it!! I reached the ending before I knew it! You'll meet some great people and will make friends with them. Bluebell Inn has the most fascinating history!! you'll just have to read it to find out what! 
I really enjoyed the way this book spoke to me. I strongly recommend this book!! 
Denise Hunter thank you for a wonderful book!! 
Good job I loved it!! 


6. Sweet Melody: A Seabrook Romance by Heidi McCahan 

46726890. sy475


A book that owns up to it's name in true fashion form!! This book will make you drool for all the sweets that are in the story.
I felt this author speaking to my heart because I went through a similar experience as one the main characters. This a positive reminder that even though someone has done us wrong that we still need to forgive. We don't know how someone has been raised, taught or whatever the case may be. Forgiving is hard but I had to do it to give me a peace of mind if nothing else. It is what Jesus wants. 
I strongly recommend this book. I"m hoping that when you pick it up it will leave your heart feeling full as it has mine.
Heidi McCahan super story!! 

7. As The Light Fades by Catherine West

44696505. sy475


I love how Catherine has written this book. I loved that it was faith filled and it left my heart feeling full and thinking about it long after the book was finished!! 
I love that this author has pulled off a very deep subject that isn't talked about much in Christian fiction. 
This book will make you laugh, cry, and be fearful for the people in this wonderful book. The setting of the book couldn't be more perfect! I enjoy visiting Nantucket Island in books of course! 
Maybe someday my family and I can visit. But for now, books will have to do. And that's ok!! 
Awesome job Catherine West!! 

8.Deborah by H.B. Moore

46645963. sy475


If you love Biblical fiction as I do then you'll enjoy this book very much!! I love that some of my favorite authors and this one is included can take a context or story out of the Bible and bring some of these characters to life!! This story is taken out of the book of Judges. Deborah was the 4th prophet of Israel. I enjoyed this story very much! It's like you can feel God's anger coming right out of the book at the Canaanites!!  
Another late night read because I was so captivated by this story! Deborah sure had a lot riding on her shoulders!! 
Well done HB Moore!! 



9. The Deep by Alma Katsu

46158562. sy475


Does this ship look familiar? Of course it does!! She's the late great Titanic!! 
It was one of the reason that I chose this book to read. I love anything about Titanic and her sisters! 
Britannic is in here also! I love loved this book! I felt kind of confused at first because I wasn't sure what sister I was on at the beginning. But it turned to be an great read! I could feel the ship's personalities coming at me through the book. Such pain Titanic was in as she was sinking!! I think Britannic was dead on impact however. But still a delight to read. I took a break from my normal reading. I will add that some places in this book will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. A kind of creepy feeling!! 
Well done Alma Katsu!! 


10. When Mountains Sing by Stacy Monson

46651473. sy475


Last but not least, here's When Mountains Sing. I really enjoyed this book mainly because I had thought I shut a part of my life off.  But Stacy has managed to bring it back to me. I felt so connected to the main character that I felt she could've been my twin sister.! I really recommend this book. 
It will take you on a wonderful journey and leave you thinking about it long after you close the book! 
Great job Stacy!! 


These are the last of my favorite top 10 books this summer!! I've had some wonderful adventures with each of these books! My thanks to the publishers and authors who've let me read and review these swell books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...