Monday, August 19, 2019

My top 10 favorite summer reads of 2019 so far

Here's some of my favorite reads so far this summer and I'm going to say bear with me because this is my first time doing this and I wanted it to make this blog a little more personal.


1.  YOURS TRULY, THOMAS


42075477. sy475




To start off with here's my very favorite so far. This book has everything in it a reader could want. Just make sure that you have a box of tissues sitting beside you. 
I enjoyed this so much that I really wanted to savor this book so I took my time with it because I didn't want to say goo bye to the characters.
Oh, and did I say that Margaret the boardinghouse lady is my favorite character! I felt that I could go to her and tell anything and it wouldn't go past the boardinghouse. I think she'd make a wonderful friend in real life!
Rachel, you've done a fabulous job on this story! I can't wait to see what you come out with next!




2. A FAMILY FOR GRACIE BY AMY LILLARD

Next up, A Family for Gracie because I love love Amish fiction!! Amy Lillard is an awesome writier that can make her characters feelings' come straight from the page and sometimes even want to make you yell at them or pray for them or whatever the case may be. I can feel Mathew digging his heels in since my own husband does sometimes when he doesn't really want to do something. I can also believe Gracie. I too wanted a family of my own. I strongly recommend this book for Amish fiction fans or just anyone in general. 
Isn't the cover of this book just beautiful?
Amy, looking forward to your next book!


42831556



3. MARRIED TO A STRANGER BY LAURA V. HILTON


 41582895. sy475


I especially liked this book because of Bishop Mia. I loved his nosy ways and I even laughed out loud where he'concerned.  I loved his protective ways for his community!! They will surely miss him if something happens to him! 
I loved the life lessons that are learned in this story as well.  
Laura is a master storyteller and I first fell in love with this author when she wrote Postcards. 
 I strongly recommend this book!! You won't want to put it down!! 
Laura, can't wait to see what you write next!!



4. MONARCH MANOR BY MAUREEN LEURCK


42832916



I strongly recommend this book if you love time slip novels and this one is great!! It's also perfect for a beach read if you've a mind to.  I really felt sorry for Erin who is going through some things that have to do with just life in general.  
We meet with Amelia first. I thought she was a very brave woman in those days.  Especially with a mean mother in law!!  
I can't wait for ya'll to read this book!! 
I'm looking forward to more from this author!



5. FIRE STORM BY NANCY MEHL


.42181441



I liked this one because I love a who done it mystery or crime if you want to call it that. This one is also a great guessing who done it book!! And believe me, it's not the person who you think it is!!
 Nancy is a great story teller and I highly recommend this book.
 I'm what you call a set in your ways reader but something nudged me about this book. I"m glad I trusted my inner self!
 I am starting to expand my reading though and thought I"d try this one. I wasn't disappointed! I "first met" Nancy through her Mennonite books. 
Let me tell you folks this one will make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck too if you like those kinds of stories!! 
Nancy, I"m looking forward to your next book!


6. THE PINK BONNET BY LIZ TSOLMA

43253066. sy475


I particularly liked this book because I learned some things that I never knew people actually did that. Makes me wonder how my parents adopted me!! 
Liz has written a captivated story in how children "get readopted' from the original families they had. 
Georgia Tann is a very interesting person. How she managed to get away with what she was doing is beyond me but she will have to answer to a higher power come judgement day
I strongly recommend this book. Ya'll wont be able to put it down!!
Liz, I can't wait to see what you will write next!



7. A RELUCTANT BRIDE BY JODY HEDLUND

42075332


I'm a huge fan of Jody Hedlund!! I was so grateful to be on her launch team this year to help promote her book. I"m hoping that this will promote it even further lol! But, anyway I've always loved this author and I look forward to reading her books.  She is also a great storyteller!! I love how the words flow from her heart and her pen! 
I strongly recommend this book!!  It's a wonderful summer read!! 
Jody, I'm looking forward to reading the next installment of this series! 


8. NO OCEAN TOO WIDE BY CARRIE TURANSKY

42815558. sy475


I put this book on the list because I love Carrie Turansky and this her best yet!! It's also my very 2nd favorite!!  I love this book because it tells of a families love and just like the title says No Ocean is too Wide for love.  Family ties are often times very strong especially in hard times like in Laura's family. Now, I definitely recommend that you have a box of tissues beside you! You'll need them!! I grantee you won't want to say goodbye to these characters!! 
Carrie, I hope there will be a sequal to this wonderful book! I can't wait to see what you will do next!

9.  MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY BY KAREN WHITEMEYER

42075360


Fans of Karen Whitemeyer will definitely want to add this one to their collection.
I loved this one so very much!! I enjoyed the humor in it and she certainly knows how to write that in!! This story truly comes from the heart!
This book will definitely make you laugh out loud and if there are any family members around they will probably ask you what you're laughing at. 
I think this book could be made into an awesome movie it's that good!! 
Karen, I can't wait to see what you write about next!! 


10. THE MEDALLION BY CATHY GOHLKE

42683661


This book is about the German blitzkrieg of Warsaw in 1939. What a sad sad story but what this author offers in this story is hope and a light at the end of the war. I loved each and every character especially Charlotte. I won't say a whole lot more but here's another book that will make you want to have a box of tissues. 
Cathy Gohlke is a wonderful writer and it shows through her stories that she writes.
I first fell in love with Cathy when I read William Henry is a fine name and then later I have seen Him in the Watchfires. Both great stories! I wanted more.
I devoured this in two sittings by the way it was that good!! 
I also love each and every book cover that comes with her stories!! I can't wait to see what you write next Cathy!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

The Songs that could have been by Amanda Wen

ABOUT THE BOOK Two couples in love. Two sets of impossible circumstances. One powerful God of grace. After a tailspin in her late teens, Lau...